The Foundation is currently focusing on the strategic priorities set in September of 2013. These priorities include:
- Planning the celebration of the 125th anniversary of basketball
- Archiving and digitizing the entire Naismith collection, which will also be inventoried and cataloged;
- The creation of the Foundations new website;
- The recruitment of volunteers as Board members, committee members and for project support;
- The updating of the Foundations bylaws to comply with the Canada Not-for-profit Corporations Act;
- Looking for diversified funding;
- Renewal of pertinent agreements.