The Naismith Basketball Foundation board is currently made up of 7 members. The board is responsible for the stewardship of the Foundation which includes directing all activities of the Naismith Basketball Foundation. Current members include (2015-2016):
- Clem Pelot, President
- Kathy Stewart, Vice-President & Treasurer
- Bonnie McBain, Secretary
- Jim Lowry, Director
- Kristen Ray, Director
- Dave Loney, Director
- Stephanie Kolsters, Museum Curator and contact for museum site inquiries
The Strategic Priorities of the Foundation Board are:
- The Foundation’s collection of archival material and digital photographs will be inventoried and catalogued.
- A new website for the Naismith Foundation will be developed and maintained.
- More volunteers will be recruited to fill positions as Board members, committee members and to support projects or special events.
- The Foundation’s Bylaws will be updated by October 2014 in order to comply with the requirements of the Canada Not-for-profit Corporations Act.
- The Foundation will seek to increase the funding it receives (from government, the private sector and through fundraising) in order to undertake projects and expand Foundation activities.
- The agreement between the Foundation and the MVCA for the Naismith museum at the Mill of Kintail will be renewed by April 2015.
* links to AGM minutes